Hope for the Hurting

The purpose of this blog is to offer words of encouragement to brothers and sisters in Christ who have been hurt by the church. The local church is made up of people. Those people are not perfect. Unfortunately, those people can sometimes hurt each other. If you have a word of encouragement, scripture, or devotional that would help a hurting church member, please feel free to post it here.

Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Are House Churches the Answer?

Greg Arthur has a post about House Churches and whether or not they are the future of the church in America. I don't think we'll ever see the traditional denominations dissolve. And I pray that we don't because their ability to combine resources and do great things for missions cannot be underestimated. But, it reminded me of the "Bank church" I once belonged to and how much it helped me in the early stages of the healing process. I think it would have been much worse to have been alone in my hurt.

Thank you God for true Christian friends and a loving biological family!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home