Hope for the Hurting

The purpose of this blog is to offer words of encouragement to brothers and sisters in Christ who have been hurt by the church. The local church is made up of people. Those people are not perfect. Unfortunately, those people can sometimes hurt each other. If you have a word of encouragement, scripture, or devotional that would help a hurting church member, please feel free to post it here.

Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Trying to make Sense of it

I've been doing a lot of research for this blog. As I've been reading the stories of many other Christians who were hurt by circumstances and/or people in their church, I'm beginning to see some commonalities. The great thing about blogs is that you have the history. I've skimmed these blogs and can see how the people have changed over the past couple of years.

A former Baptist minister - now totally rejecting the Christian RELIGION, though holding on (as best I can tell) to his faith....

A thirty-something mom whose been out of church for 18 months. She says her faith is strong. Just trying to decompress....

A seminary student - just left her first church with a lot of hurt. What will it do to her future ministry?

A homosexual Christian who feels the church has rejected him...

There are a lot of people hurting. I need to think about this a little more. I'm going to visit my sister today, so I'll have a lot of thinking time in the car. (It's 1-1/2 hours away). More when I return...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home